What can happen if I don’t talk to my child about sexual and reproductive health and relationships?
- Avoiding these issues can affect the way your child feels and acts for the rest of his life.
- If you don’t talk about it, child may think that sex is a scary thing and you can’t talk about it.
- He can have difficulties asking questions even when he’s actually worried about something.
- By supporting your child, informing him and helping him feel good about himself, you can lower the risk of unwanted pregnancy at early age, as well as lower the risk of getting some of the sexually transmitted diseases.
- Talking also gives you the possibility to explain your opinion and values regarding relationships, sexual health, in that way you are giving your child a chance to adopt these values to his own life.