Many parents worry that their teenager doesn’t trust them anymore and that they won’t come to them for advice. There are many reasons for this:
- Feel too embarrassed to ask.
- Know you will feel embarrassment.
- Realise that sex or relationships are never discussed in the family.
- Feel that the language that you or they use to talk about sex is inappropriate.
- Think that, if they ask and talk about it, you will think they are having sex.
- Think that they already know everything there is to know.
- Want to be independent and find out about sex from other sources.